Are you getting sick of the tiny layouts? Let's meet the Odin!
The design is inspired by the Stora Hammars 1 stone which depicts the Valknut, Odin's cult symbol.
Speaking of Odin, he is the All-Father. He is associated with that is good (wisdom, healing, royalty, knowledge, battle, victory, poetry, a husband to the Goddess Frigg) and the bad (death, the gallows, war, frenzy).
Odin represents the ALL, the EVERYTHING, which is what KBDfans wants to project in a keyboard with a 100% layout.
- Start shipping on June 2023 (2023-06-02)
- Sale date: May 10th, 2023
- The R1 prototype is in production now (2023-04-24)
- Case: Top aluminum, bottom aluminum
- Case color: Dark Blue, Dark Purple, E-white, Black, Silver
- Wired version PCB: Hot-swap version, Flex cut, without RGB effect, only RGB for Badge, 1.2mm thickness (Notes: Supports VIA and VIAL. It is recommended to use VIA as VIAL's firmware is not official)
- Plate: Polycarbonate (Flex cut)
- Structure: Leaf spring mount; 100% layout
- Interface: USB-C
- USB-Port Protector: Aluminum
- Translucent badge: Acrylic sandblasting with RGB diffuser
- Foams: Case foam, PCB foam, Switch pad (poron material)
- Weight Bar: PVD Alu mirrored silver
- Rubber feet: Round rubber feet
- Typing angle: 7°
Weight: ~1.80kg (with alu weight bar)
~ 2.06kg (after built)
- Designer: KBDfans Wei
- Aluminum case x1
- Aluminum weight bar x1
- Aluminum USB port protector x1
- Acrylic sandblasting badge x 1
- PCB x1
- Polycarbonate plate x1
- Case foam x1
- PCB foam x1
- Switch Pad x1 set
- Stabilizer Shims x1 set
- Silicone socks x1 set
- Screws x1 set
- Rubber feet x1 set
- The Stabilizers kit and the Type-C Cable are not included in Odin R3 ( please choose 104 kit separately, and Odin R3 does not support Plate mounted stabilizers)
- The wooden wrist rest/Badge/Weight bar/Plate of Odin R3 are compatible with Odin V2
- The PCB(daughterboard)/Foams of Odin R3 are not compatible with Odin V2
- The Badge/Weight bar/Plate/Foams/PCB of Odin R3/V2 are not compatible with Odin V1
- Flash manual
- Odin V1 Hot-swap: kbdfans_odin_rgb_via.bin odin_rgb.json
- Odin V1 Soldered: kbdfans_odin_soldered_via.bin odin_soldered.json
- Odin V2, Odin R3: kbdfans_odin V2_rgb_via.bin odin_v2.json
- This is not a software update, contact customer service if VIA does not dectect when first plugging in. Keyboards are shipped with preflashed firmware.
About the case:
1. Keyboard case - If you see any resemblance of marks or foreign material under 2 mm (tool marks, stain, dent, sand mark, scratch, etc.), you're not eligible for Return & Refund.
2. Brass weight - If you see any resemblance of marks or foreign material under 2 mm (tool marks, stain, dent, sand mark, scratch, etc.), you're not eligible for Return & Refund.
3. Case interior - Based on the production method of anodizing and spraying, the product can lead to some smearing at the surface level, and you'll see some hook marks within the case. Also, the spraying process can not guarantee that the color will look 100% the same on the internal case corners. The color off on the interior case and the interior corners are not eligible for Return & Refund.
4. The PVD laser weight and badge have random colors due to the process. Each color will not be exactly the same, there will be different color variations!
-Make sure to QC your keyboard case and weight before building it. For any issues besides the three above, please get in touch with our customer support agents to get help.
-For anything built is not eligible for Return & Refund.
Compared to the traditional square-corner design, the Odin features a R-corner at the back to give the board a softer and more streamlined profile. The R-corner was also incorporated for your comfort and ergonomics as it makes room for you to slip your fingers underneath for easier moving of the board to so you can get the best typing experience.
To let the board stand out amongst the rest, Odin's Valknut is featured prominently on the front of the board with the RGB logo and in the engraving on the back weight.
Hot swappable PCB
1.2mm thickness flex cut
RGB illumination for Badge
Caps lock and Numpad lock LED indicators on the top only
Supports N-key non-backlash
Can configure keyboard with the online VIA tool
There is also an optional of 1.6mm thickness Non-Flex cut Hot-swap PCB.
Achieve a bouncy typing experience with the Leaf Spring Mount and the flex-cut PCB.
- Sound test
- Stream video by alexotos
Adopts a 1800 layout which includes a number pad, arrow keys, and a F13 key.
The keyboard uses a standard ANSI layout, with most key sizes and positions conforming to the standard for conventional keyboards.