Man, know yourself... and you shall know the gods."Click "MORE" if you want to read about the design inspiration, sublegends and colors choices.
The inspiration from this set comes from the great pyramids of Giza and the ancient Egyptian Civilization. We decided to use two simple yet meaningful colors for the people of ancient Egypt.
Black (Ancient Egyptian name "kem") : It the color of the fertile silt left by the Nile during its annual flooding giving rise to the Ancient Egyptian name for the country - "kemet" (black land). Black symbolizes fertility, new life/beginnings and resurrection. The gods were typically represented with gold skin with an exception of Osiris who is depicted with black skin symbolizing fertility, regeneration, and the underworld where the sun was said to regenerate every night. It was made from carbon, ground charcoal, mixed with water and sometimes burnt animal bones.
Yellow/ Gold (Ancient Egyptian name "khenet" and "kenit"/"nebu" or "nebw") : It repesented the color of women's skin, as well as the skin of people who lived near the Mediterranean. Gold also represented the skin of the gods and the sun itself. Hence it was used for anything which was considered eternal or indestructible and perfect. The ancient Egyptians made numerous statues of the gods that were either made of gold or covered with gold leaf. They also made yellow pigments such as yellow ochre (an ore of iron) and massicot (an oxide of lead).
Sublegends : We have looked into ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics and designed new sublegends which would be made by GMK as a doubleshot keycap. The design is quite well thought of. However, if anyone thinks we made some mistakes please contact us. We want to be as accurate as possible.
FUN FACT : Notice the sublegends on number 0 is missing. Its because ancient Egyptian mathematics did not have 0.
- Selling extra pre-order (2022-11-04)
- Plastic samples were sent to GMK for color matching. So we wait for the R2 color samples coming to us. (2022-03-17)
- We have received the samples from GMK and will be analysing them in the next days. ( 2021-12-06)
- Queuing for production (2021-09-24)
- Estimated shipping date: To be updated
- GB Dates: Start from August 20th to Sep 21st, 2021
- Profile: Cherry
- Legends: Doubleshot
- Material: ABS Plastic
- Manufacturer: GMK Electronic Design GmbH in Germany
- 1.5 mm thick
- Compatible with Cherry MX switches and clones
- Designer: SxM Designs
- Treated Cloth top
- Stitched edges
- Rubber bottom
- 900x400x4mm and ~800g
- Machine washable (wash on cold/gentle - air dry)
- EU : MyKeyboard.eu
- US: Deskhero.shop
- Norway : Mekanisk (tastatur.no)
- Asia : Iiumkb
- Worldwide/China : KBDFans
- Oceania : DailyClack
- South Korea :Swagkeys
- S. America : Fancy Customs
$1.25 Regular price $2.50 On Sale
$4.50 Regular price $5.00 On Sale
$3.00 Regular price $3.20 On Sale
$5.00 Regular price $5.90 On Sale
$3.80 Regular price $5.50 On Sale
$3.80 Regular price $4.00 On Sale