The minimum quantity of 60
- Gateron 5pin switch
- Compatible with MX based keyboards
- milky switch housing
Lifetime: 50 million cycles
- Blacks - 50g Linear
- Blues - 55g Clicky
- Browns - 45g Tactile
- Clears - 67g Linear
- Greens - 80g Clicky
- Reds - 45g Linear
- Yellows - 50g Linear
- Epacket 5USD
- Fedex 15USD
Regarding the gateron linears switches:
- MX Black vs Gateron Black: The gateron black felt definitely smoother than the MX black. On the MX black I have on the tester you can feel the plastic friction which makes them not as smooth as we would like to. I have a worn out black
(or vintage)that Azhdar gave me so I put on the switch tester to compare them side by side. I'd say they are quite equivalent. I'm not sure that I have try real vintage black so I can't talk about it. I think if you lube the gateron it can indeed be really nice. I don't have any lube on hand atm, it should arrive next week. I can't tell you right now how it feels. In terms of strength the gateron felt lighter than the MX Black Azhdar gave me but compared to the stock MX Black it is hard to know.
- MX Red vs Gateron Red: The gateron is smoother than the stock MX. But I can still feel some friction but they are quieter. I feel that the Gateron is a bit lighter than the MX counterpart.
- The Clear Gateron: Damn 30g is definitely way too light for me. I want to press it but you already are bottoming out. I guess some people might like it. It is smoother than a MX red but I can still feel some friction.
As a conclusion to the linear gateron I'd say that I'm thinking of registering in the IC for 100 blacks. However no matter if it is MX or Gateron, I think they need some lube.
Regarding the tactile switches:
- MX Brown vs Gateron Brown: as the other comparison I made about gateron vs MX, it seems that the gateron has a bit more smoothness in them. This the time where I wish I had some clears on hand so I could compare with the Brown. I don't remember them. I tried clears a long time ago and my taste in keyboard wasn't so developed (it was new to me). I think I might like them again but I'm not sure. I feel that their tactility is about the same between this two browns and it is inferior to my Topre board. If I had to take an equivalent in MX for Topre, it wouldn't be Browns for sure.
- MX Blue vs Gateron Blue: on this one I'd say Gateron blue > MX Blue. The tactile point seems snappier, deeper or more pronounced. The noise is different. I don't have any proper recording settings so I don't think it could be valuable for you guys but if someone is still interested I could try to register something.